Do you co-sleep with your child?

If so what age do you start to put them in their own bed? I co-slept with my kids when they were new babies so they could nurse but then around three months put them in their own beds. Generally I just fell asleep that is why they were in the bed.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes we coslept with each baby. I started getting the use to their crib around 9 months and they transitioned completely out of my bed by 15 months.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We co-slept with my daughter until she was about 20 months. It was just such a pain to get her to sleep in her crib...so we got her a toddler bed and she was actually pretty excited about having her own big girl bed. She likes being a big girl, turning her nightlight on by herself, making sure her teddy bear is tucked in. LOL.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• mine slept with me to nurse as well. my first son went to his own bed at 6 months, my second at 21 months, 3rd and 4th at 15 months (well the 4th has been coming back to our bed in the middle of the night lately) and we now have our 5th at 6 months old that is still sleeping with us.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• He slept with me until like 4.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I never coslept with any of my 5 kids - they have all slept in their own cribs in their own rooms as soon as we came home from the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010