How can I get myself to stop being so emotional......

I'm going through a difficult time in my life right now. My relationship ended after 12 yrs and although we had a lot of ups and downs I was always hopeful it would some how work itself out. I knew there were problems that seemed almost impossible to resolve. We became emotionally disconnected and consumed by our own goals, at least in my part. It seemed his career was his main focus but wound up having an affair with a co-worker. It's been 4 months now and I want to move on and let go of these feeling. We have a 9 yr old daughter together that we both love dearly. He couldn't communicate before and now is impossible....but I feel that we should find a way for sake of our daughter. He already introduced my daughter to his GF which really ended up pissing me off.

After talking things out with my brother he tells me that I need to find away to get past this anger and stop being so emotional. How do I stop I feel like this, it is eating away at me. I just want peace and happiness but how do I achieve that when there are so many things going on in my life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Give yourself time. Of course you are going to be emotional. Everyone wants peace and happiness, but we can't have that all the time. You will get there eventually.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You need to understand that you are where you are suppose to be. iF YOU surrender all the anger, guilty, and unrealistic expectations of your ex. he regain your power. When you find yourself being emotional, keep busy and demand your thoughts to be uhder your subjection, not the other way around. Feeling and emoitons can be like idols. Anything you focus on too much robs you of your free will and you will not be able to hear your own voice in your spirit, Speak words of affirmation that will strengthened you. Words are powerfuil especially when they are spoken by us. Speak God promises out loud because you are under attack. You can overcome anything you put your mind to. Change your mind, change your attitude .. that's where you start. Does focus on his decision, focus on yours since that is all your are responisble for. Be an example for your daughter, BE FORGIVING.
    PEPPERSHAKER

Answer by PEPPERSHAKER at 4:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010