should i let my inlaws see my son?

this include my brother inlaw and his wife.
they insulted me disrespected and treated me like i dont know how to raise my own son! how do they when they all did or do drugs while raising their own??! (i never did or will do drugs)they made racist remakers and called me a n****!
i always had respect and ignore and put up with their ways until one day they took it too far and tried to attack me with my baby in my arms just for standing up for myself!
until they apologize they will not see my son. they think they are right so they wont so should i stand my ground?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Def not. You owe it to your son and yourself to not be in that kind of environment. If they were on drugs while raising their kids then they are just jealous of you. thats not an excuse either. Stay away and when they want to act like adults then they'll have to show it. Until that day comes , keep your distance. They dont deserve to get to know your son. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If they are that disrespectful, and tried to physically harm you while holding your child then no. There is no reason for them to be a part of his life. He doesn't need that negativity in his life, especially if they're making racist remarks about his mother!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 8:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• HELLLLL no!! if they insist to see him tell them that you MUST be around. i think you should stand your ground though and not let them see until they apologize if they call your son that.. well your son is part of what you are so are they calling him that too?? what asses.

im sorrry about their negative attitudes. keep your head high mamas :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• OMG, almost the same thing happened to me. Stand your ground Mom. Your child's life will be better without them in it.
    Anonymous

• i say stand your ground you dont want your child to see such immature behavior by them and you deserve to be respected.....
    Anonymous

• Nope, they shouldn't be disrespecting you and your DH/SO should have stood up for you. I don't blame you at all.
    mykidsmommy

Answer by mykidsmommy at 8:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My MIL called dfcs on me when my son was 1yr old and i was 4m pregnant. It was very stressful i didnt find out it was her until right before my dd was born imagine how mad i was when i was rolled into recovery room after a c-sec and there she was holding my dd before i even got a chance. needless to say she didnt see my children for 5m after that and she has NEVER had my daughter over night and she see them very little and doesn't take them anywhere it is always when we are around. but she dont come around much so.
    Anonymous

• absolutely not. i would even filed paperowrk to keep them away. they are dangerous ppl and your child doesnt need to be around that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• keep that poor chils away from those terrible people that is no influence you want on your child they sound a lot like my ex in laws who i dont want near my baby
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 9:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You have the right to keep you child away from bad in-laws

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008