I Am 36 Weeks Pregant Wit My First Child And I Was Wonderin What Can I Do To Induce My Labor Or Speed Up Da Process?

Desha G.

Asked by Desha G. at 4:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• At 36 weeks your child is NOT ready to be born yet... Just wait, when he/she's ready, it'll happen.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You shouldn't do anything. Babies come when they are ready. 36 weeks is still a bit early. Let your baby cook more!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sit back and relax and wait for the baby to want to come. Labor will com when it is time.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You dont want to do that.
    Anonymous

• What the hell for? You are still 4 weeks from being at your "estimated" due date. If they are off by 2 weeks, you would be 6 weeks+ too early. You will not stay pregnant forever. NO ONE does.

Would you take chicken off the stove 30 minutes or more early just because you are ready for it? No because it isn't finished and will be bad. So..why try to force your kid out early?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That's dangerous. Just wait. It's only four weeks or less. Your doctor will let you know if the process needs to be sped up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• 36 weeks is still a little early, if you have it now, you may spend Christmas in the NICU. I had my dd at 35 weeks and 5 days and she was 4 pounds 4 onces. There are lots of things you can do to get labor started but it's not a good idea. Post again in say 2 or 3 weeks and I will be happy to help. Little advise, take as many naps as you can, they will never come again lol
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• IDK, do you WANT a preemie?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You are only 36 weeks be patient.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Nothing....all the things your gonna read on the internet dont work, there old wives tales....but if you insist on trying them dont do the nipple stimulation it can actually cause such strong contractions that it could be bad for the baby. Just be patient I know the last month goes so slow and is the most awful thing ever but the baby will come :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010