Would or Do you keep a gun in your home with children for safety purposes?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 4:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have several, you ever heard the saying, "America's original homeland security" I believe it 100%.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• NEVER. I would NOT keep a gun in my home for safety purposes. The chances of me having to use it are less than my kid finding it and tragedy happening.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have a gun in my room and yes for safety reason you never know what will happen. It is locked away ffrom the kids are they don't know where its at.. IT also has the safety lock on it as well as the safety
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would. I grew up in a home with a gun.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband has one locked up in a gun cabinet in our closet.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Educate yourself on firearms and educate your children about them and we wouldn't have so many problems with people getting hurt
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• we have one is safty lock is on and also locked in a gun safe way up in our closet i woulnt say we have it for safty though its just something that my husband got from his grandfather that has passed away. im not against guns being in the home you have to teach your children from a very early age guns are not toys and they are not to be touched if they happen to find them.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't own a gun, never will. I never would have regardless, but ESPECIALLY not with kids in the house. I don't see the point.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• well i live with my mom & stepdad & we have a gun in our house i dont like it but my stepdad want us to be safe i wouldnt want it in my house
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband owns guns that are worth a ton of $$ locked up in a steel cabinet in a garage. I don't mind, but they aren't allowed in my house, or near my children.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010