I need your help.

I'm needing to find a home for my cat that I've had for 7 years. We are moving into a duplex and I can't take her with us. She is 7 years old, front declawed, and strictly indoors. Can someone think of a short but to the point ad I can put in the paper or Craigslist or wherever? TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pets

• what's wrong with posting exactly what you just said on craigslist?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry but why can't you find a place that you can take the cat? I don't mean to be rude but This is one of most used excuses for getting rid of a pet and it frankly pisses me off.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Because I had to find a place to live in two weeks time and I had to it from a different state...that's why! I don't WANT to do it and have been putting it off, because it's hard to even think about.

Now...I'm moving in two weeks and have to find a good home for her!! Do not judge me unless you know the situation I am in....WHICH YOU DO NOT!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• 6 months ago I moved in three days after my husband threatened me. I took with me 3 dogs and 4 cats. It can be done. I am not judging just stating a FACT because it is one of the most used excuses given to shelters. I'm sorry but after years of hearing that same phrase (worked at vet and several differant animal shelters) it does piss me off. Just being honest
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I've also worked at shelters and a vets office and IN THIS CASE...I assure you I looked for a decent place in a decent neighborhood that would accept pets...BUT THEY DONT! My kids come first and if I'm going to be living in a place, as a single woman, with two kids...the neighborhood I live in is more important. None of the decent places I could find would allow pets. So like I said...until you are in my shoes...do not judge me! Just being honest!!!

And I wouldn't own 3 dogs and 4 cats...I'm trying to find the best home I possibly can for 1 cat!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just because I kept my family together does not mean my daughter does not come first. She is in a much better school then she was before and we now live in a rural area. We love were we are. And like I said I was not judging you just being honest Frankly, I would not want to be in your shoes I have my own to deal with.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• So because I'm trying to find a good home for my cat (not my kids), means I'm tearing my "family" apart? You really don't want to go there...just keep your mouth shut and like I said...don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes...which again, you have not. And...no, trust me...you do not want to be where I'm at. Try learning a little fucking compassion and start trying to be part of the solution, not part of the problem!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with anonymous...Most places around where I live do not accept pets. The ones that do charge extra a month to have them. In your situation I would do the same thing. Im sure you hate to give up your cat, but finding a place is hard sometimes.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 7:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I totally understand where you are coming from! I too was in the same situation with my dog of 10 years, so I know how important it is to try and find the best home for your pet that you love dearly and still do the right thing for your family. I as well work in the veterinary field...Just basically say how great of cat she is, her personality, and state that staying indoors is a must! Also you should list if she is good with other cats, dogs or kids. Say you love her and will miss her very much, but the situation you are in has made you decide to give her to a family that will care for her and love as much you do.Hopefully you will find a family that wouldn't mind emailing you with updates or pictures so you still have some sort of relationship with your cat. I hope this helps. Good Luck with finding the right home! :)
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I wasn't going there just said that I couldn't tear MY family apart because of MY situation. I made that comment because you were implying that I was not putting my daughter first. I just believe that when you take on the responsibility of an animal if is for the life of the animal not just until life throws hardships your way. I know full well how hard life can be. My husband walked out on his family then threatened me plus had people "keeping an eye on me" there was not way in hell I going to stick around. Three days later we were in a new home an hour and a half away from the old home. Our lives were turned upside down but I was not about to let my whole family be torn apart by what one person did. Like I said I WAS NOT JUDGING just voicing my opinion. Last I checked that was still allowed.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010