how do you feel about letting the gender of your baby be a suprise and waiting until its born

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Would be a GREAT surprise, but too hard for me to wait it out.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You all are crazy!!!! Back before all these high tec gagits to tell the gender. You had to wait. My DD's where born in 1978 and 1984. And I had to wait tell they where born to find out the where girls. All this stuff aboout decorating and buying the right collar cloths just waited tell after the baby was born.

Answer by louise2 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Makes it really hard to decorate and buy clothes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did it with my first one- my daughter; Everyone thought i was having a Boy- even down to the last few minutes, all of the nurses were betting each other if it was a Boy or Girl-LOL! i found out with my son though-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my daughter I decided to wait till she was born but when I got to be about 7 months pregnant the doctor said that there may be something wrong so he ordered another ultrasound. Her father and I decided to find out the gender because I wanted to give her a name so that I had something to call her other then my pet names just in case something happened to her. It made me feel better and I could relax while we waited on the results. Luckily nothing was wrong but being able to name her helped.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It was the greatest suprise and gift of my life all of my close family will not do it any other way.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 4:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I personally couldn't do it. I don't like surprises, I'm too OCD. I need to know what clothes to get, how to decorate the nursery, what names to focus on, etc etc. But I think it's a personal decision, different for everybody.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't mind except that I like to plan things. I hate "neutral" colors. I need to know what color clothes and stuff to buy. We have a girl now. If we had a boy as a second child, I would want our third child to be a surprise. We would have stuff for both genders already so it wouldn't matter. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I prefer to avoid unnecessary interventions so knowing prior to delivery isn't an "option" (no ultrasounds).

My babies are surprises.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We found out simply for planning ahead. I would have liked to have waited but i was too worried we wouldn't have anything anything for the baby.
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010