why is my daughter private part hurt?

my 3yr old daughters private part has been hurting here for a while now. it looks fine now, but she is still complaining that it hurts. she had a rash one week ago , i put cream on it and it went away. when she was a baby she had UTI. they told me it went away. i dont know what it could be. every time it hurts her she want to take a bath or get it wipe down with paper and water. it doesnt hurt her when she pees. i try my best to keep her dry down there. but that doesnt help she still says it hurts. im very careful with watch her ..i dont let just anybody watch her, i went threw a rough childhood, and dont want her going threw that... plz help!!

proud_mom32

Asked by proud_mom32 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be a yeast infection. I'd mention it to her pedi next time you take her, or schedule an appt. asap. It could be somethin serious. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Has she been playing with it to irritate it? My 3yr old sometimes will play with it and it gets irritated.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• And I don't mean to rant but, this is one time when teaching the correct names for body parts helps a lot!

Then she could tell you exactly what hurts...vulva, urethra, or clitoris. Rather than just, my privates hurt.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh,another thought...

Have you changed laundry detergents, fabric softeners, her shampoo, body wash? Sometimes a change with one of these will cause pain in that area since they sit in a tub surrounded by it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• no she doest play with it, she would try to show me what hurts she would point to the clitoris, or the urethral, its really hard to see what exactly she pointing too... and its been going on for a while, i havent changed anything lately either
    proud_mom32

Comment by proud_mom32 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It could be an infection, a virus, or any number of things. Take her to the doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My dd does the same thing...I mentioned it to her doc, and he didn't seen to think anything was wrong (and he wasn't one of those that just doesn't care)..Kenzie go into this thing where she would want to be wiped or have cream put on her..I think with my dd she saw it was a concern and would say her lala hurts just to say it...it very well could be a diaper issue,..now that my dd is potty trained, she doesn't say it at all, or really only if she's constipated (she knows her bottom from her vagina but both have become her lala recently lol)..maybe try letting her run around naked for a little while at home and see if she still complains about it. I'm not real sure what else to say..if you're really concerned call your doc, most I've a nurse's answering service and they can give you advice. Good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Take your sweetheart to the dr to get an accurate diagnosis. Hope she feels better
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 3:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010