Do you think i should suggest this?

My SO's Stepmom was on the phone with me the other day and she says" So yo do know this thanksgiving is ours right?" and i was like what she said "yeah ___ already promised us after last year." "he has never spent a holiday with his dad" so on and so forth. We have a 2yr old a 10m old and i am 30wks pregnant i will be 34wks then. I told her we would have to see how i felt and i would let them know. I have a history of pre-term labor. They live a hr and a half away. Do you think its mean of me to suggest them bring things here and have it here? Our house is bigger anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You have to think of yourself first, if you fear the risks, then have your own dinner, and if they don't want to come, their loss. They should be more considerate of your condition.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's mean at all. just explain your medical condition. hopefully they understand.

do his parents think he's like 12 and they have any right to argue over who gets him for a holiday? LOL sorry thought that was a big childish on the step mother's part.
    Anonymous

• I would definitely try to have it at your place. If they say no, consider having your own dinner. They can have their own. It's not worth the risk of being so far from your hospital. Not to mention the other 2 little ones you already have to deal with. It's much easier not traveling with little ones.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I tell my parents that we are going to stay home for thanksgiving and that they are more than welcome to join us. I explain to them that I am too afraid to drive in the holiday traffic because of the baby. Last year it was me, my SO and our kid and it was great. We ate chicken and watched football.
    Its important to celebrate the day with as little amount of stress as possible. Perhaps your SMIL just thinks that you having to prepare a meal would be too much work. Tell her that you'd love if she could come over early so you guys could all cook the meal together. She should understand.
    If she won't budge- have a nice dinner at your house... whoever shows up- shows up!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Yes, in your condition it seems reasonable to have it at your place. You could promise to have it at their place next year, so they won't feel that they've been cheated out of their year. If they agree to come but don't want to cook, perhaps you could have the grocery store supply the meal- some do this, or even bring in a meal from a nice restaurant. You can explain to your SO's family that you are feeling too wiped out to cook and are afraid to travel, perhaps, and maybe they will offer without your having to come out and ask. And do be upfront about going to their place next year. Good luck. And I hope you are feeling OK.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I think that is a reasonable suggestion. Nothing says they Have to come, or you have to go. Take care!
    DixieRoadrash

Answer by DixieRoadrash at 9:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No, your not mean. She appears to be a bit insensitive. just my opinion. You have two small children, no sorry, you have two INFANTS and you could give birth any moment. You'd have to start packing now just for that day!

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008