Computer chip implants under your skin...

Some say that the day when people are basically forced to get computer chips implanted under their skin happens to be just around the corner. In fact, some people have already had it implanted under their skin. I've heard many bad things about this whole computer chip thing, so I want to know your take on it. Would you do it? Why or why not?

I will never do it, my husband will never do it, and we would never allow our children to do it.

You?

And don't know where to put this question, soo I'll just stick in under Tech.

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Technology

• what would they be for?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• NO. No, no, no. We've lost enough freedom as it is. It would be a complete end to individuality and privacy. It would give our government complete control over everything we do. Can you imagine? We'd all just be barcodes. All our life information on a chip for anyone with a scanner to access. Everything we are being sent up into the infosphere for any competent hacker to access. It could even be used as means to track our every movement. NO. I'd start a revolution before I would allow that to happen to me and my family.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well, I don't think very many people completely trust the government, but what they are claiming it will do are things such as unlock your car door, house door, you will no longer need a credit card, no longer need a drivers license, "they" will know where you are at every second, when you change time zones, etc. Many different reasons. I think they are trying to glamourize it. But I truly don't believe it's the right thing to do. There is more to it than that.
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Its absolutely freaking insane! Anyone that goes for it is nuts. Its exactly what fluffymamabunny said.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree. It's frightening though, because "they" are going to make it into such a positive thing at first and then they are going to start making people feel desperate to get one, because I heard that there will come a day when you can't work unless you have it, can't buy food, necessities, pay bills, anything... they will tell you that nothing is possible without it. I think people will start to fall into getting the chips because of the desperation. It's just scary.
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I've read several articles about how pets are getting cancer in the tissues around where pet ID chips are implanted. They send/receive low level radiation in the form of radio signals, and eventually cause cancerous tumors to develop in the tissues near them. After this happening to our pets, it is completely unbelievable that anyone would suggest them for PEOPLE!!
    sjjeaster

Answer by sjjeaster at 4:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No, if it comes to the point where we can't work, can't shop, can't do anything without having a chip, you know what will happen? Some people may give in out of desperation, more out of ignorance. Others would find a way to simply move to a country where the government doesn't participate in such programs. But out of desperation, an "underground" (literally OR metaphorically) revolutionary society will form, and the government would eventually be overthrown.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband said we'll go live in the forest!!! lol. But I agree with you there as well- I would never get desperate enough to take any chip. Thanks for your answers!
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• We already have all this tracking stuff to find us. Between the RFID chips in our passports, state ID's with fingerprints and bar codes, and your social security number, you've already been tracked since birth.

My only concern would be how you keep someone from cloning the info on your chip?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010