Any tips for potty trainging a boy?

MoylanMommie2

Asked by MoylanMommie2 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let him set the pace, and have patience.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Two things that worked for me were acting like I didnt know what to do or where to go and asked my son for help I made a game of it sitting on top of the toilet seat first with pants up and asking like this eventually letting him instruct me how do do it right. He thought this was so funny and he seemed to take to it better after. I also let him go to the store and pick out his own special underwear and he hated getting poor elmo wet. Good luck

Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 4:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thanks. I was asking because he is showing alot of interest in the potty.. Only problem is he is afraid of it when he's sitting on it.. I have a little seat to put on top of it but i have to sit there in front of him and hold his hand.. Do you think this is going to start a bad habbit if i continue?
    MoylanMommie2

Comment by MoylanMommie2 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You can get him his own little potty seat too. That might be more comfortable for him.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I meant potty chair, not seat.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Throw a fruit loop in the tiolet and tell him to pee on it. Boys like to pee on things.
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 1:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010