Help with writing a sexual harassment statment?

I was a babysitter for a family about 3 years ago. They had two boys & one girl. I ended up quitting because the husband made VERY inappropriate advances towards me. Now the wife & husband are getting a divorce & she wants me to write a statement about how he harrassed me because he is trying to get full custody of the children.. I have no idea what to include or anything. Has anyone else ever written one? Any advice?

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 4:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Because you are the only who who expirenced that, you are the only one who can write it. do not let anyone coach you, if found out it may not help. Just write down the innocendents and how things came about. Are you wanting to do this or are you doing this for her? becareful getting involved in a custody battle.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would never assist someone else in writing that, it's something only you and you alone can ethically do.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Doesn't she have a lawyer? Ask her if you could use her lawyer to help you write it. Other wise, just write exactly what happened.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• His behavior is irrelevant to child custody. I would talk to the wife's attorney. If the attorney thinks it would help have the attorney type up a statement. If you decide to do it on your own you have to write specifics; list every time it happened (date and time) and exactly what he did or said. I still don't think it will help her but good luck anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 4:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Alice is correct, no one else should help write that statement, we were not there and did not have that experience. It would be completely unethical.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 4:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm not asking for help WRITING the statment. I'm saying I have a writers block. What do I include? Just the approximate dates & times of when things took place? How it made me feel & why I quit sitting? I'm not asking anyone to sit down with me & tell me what to write. I'm talking about it like writing a paper. Not asking for any wording help or anything like that.
    CayShek

Comment by CayShek (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You just answered your own question ;)..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it would help the ladies case because it shows his character. I'd say just write down the facts. When u started babysitting, how long u"d worked there when the harassment started, & how long after the harassment started that quit. You'll want 2 give details bacause if they use u as a witness his lawyer will question u. Do the best u can hun. Good luck 2 u both.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• write down EVERYTHING that happened and i mean everything.....the words he said to you,the way he looked at you whatever it may be,write it down
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010