How Would You Go By Handeling THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILD AND YOU NOT TALKING AND DEALING WIT HIS MOTHER WHOM YOU DISLIKE?

Desha G.

Asked by Desha G. at 4:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'd take up an art design class and not give her another thought, (or him) it's his mom? and her grandchildren?
    it's his mom, like your husbands mom?
    so you need to deal with her? I see this as a nonsense venture.
    Anonymous

• Are you still together, does he dislike her, does your child have an existing relationship?

If she's toxic and he agrees just don't deal with her. If it's just a personality clash and he and/or your child have a decent relationship with her, put on your big girl pants and do your best to be pleasant.
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 4:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm havin g this problem in reverse--it's my mother and husband who aren't speaking right now--and it absolutely breaks my heart. If there's ANY way you can make peace and bury the hatchet, do it. It isn't worth the heartache.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If your child and her have a relationship, she isn't harmful to your child then put your childs needs before your own and find a way to be civil with each other.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 5:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• REALLY I SERIOUSLY DONT LIKE DA LADY SHE HAS A SMART MOUTH FORTUNATELY DA BABY HASNT MADE IT HERE YET
    Desha G.

Comment by Desha G. (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• just remail calm and talk to her with respect even if shes a b***** lol kindness kills. i have this problems with his parents too, i get so mad but if i seem collecteed then i feel better.
    gusgus_mom

Answer by gusgus_mom at 6:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think u shud fine a man wit a ma that is not so whack. U laid down wit her kid you be stuck wit her. U shud hav axed this question befor u let him dip his stik in u. lol
    Anonymous

• the last anon, that was just rude. I have the same prob with me ex's mother and she was nice to be before I got preg. Does she want to be in the baby's life. If she does then I would explain to her that if she plans on being around your baby she needs to be nice to you. What has she done exactly?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• LOL...I am sorry but ANON's post made me chuckle.
    OP---WHat do you really think you will accomplish by using words such as "Da Baby"??? And , really, I recommend going back to school and learning how to write a complete and grammatically correct sentence in English and learn the correct words ...THE baby. Not Da Baby. OMG. Is this why Da Mother doesn't like you?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow, I guess the idea behind this site is lost to some who would rather pick apart the question because they don't have any advice.
    Anyway, It is your baby, just go about your life. Ignore him and his mother.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2010