Loose skin

I've lost 120 lbs and o my gosh i just have skin that hangs gross i know. Its on my stomach, it would be flat if it wasnt for all that yucky skin. Is there anything i can do to like tighten it up, surgery of course is out the question any advice would be great!!

thinanabones

Asked by thinanabones at 4:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Wait.

Your skin will shrink --it will take a long time (it's one of the reasons why it's a good idea to lose slowly --like a pound a week--it shrinks at closer to your rate of loss rather than having to catch up after rapid weight loss). The older you are, the longer it will take.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well my skin is the same, it got completely stretched when I was pregnant with my twins, after I had them I lost all the pregnancy weight and went back to my normal size, then I started dieting and exercising, but it wouldn't go away. I eventually talked to my doc, because I have nice abs, it is just this saggy skin that kind of hangs on the lower part of my abdomen, he said that skin had stretched to far, and it will not go away or shrink no matter how hard I worked, that would require a tummy tuck. Now I'm not sure about you, but mine has huge stretch marks well actually scars, not normal little line stretch marks I mean they are like 1/2 inch wide and are depressed into the skin. I think this is a reason why mine will not go away without surgery, but maybe without stretch marks it can shrink I don't know. My kids call it my squishy.....LoL

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• sheloveearth. My stretch marks are the same they are thick and nasty, i too have good abs but you sure cant see them. I hate it. I can't wear figure hugging clothes because well its just gross lol
    thinanabones

Comment by thinanabones (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Once your skin loses it's elasticity, that's it. Surgery IS the only option.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• try some skin firming lotion,every day
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It should get back to normal in time.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011