Relationship

I meet this amazing man. We know each other in hs, but never pursued anything back then. a year ago he contact me through fb, and a 3 months ago he gave me is number. A month ago i text him. We been talking like crazy, we just started talking on the phone, but we both want to relationship with each other. But there seems to be an issue with distance between us. He lives an hour way. He love the fact i am a mom and i am attending college. He knows i want to take things slow he is okay with it, but is it wrong for me to be missing him even though we have not meet again? he is very supportive, i really cant say anything bad right now about him. What are your thoughts or comments?

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 4:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Just be constantly aware that you're building up a very distorted picture of him that no real, live man could possibly live up to. You're not seeing him up close and personal, you're seeing him through a number of filters.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it is great that you have found someone and if you think it is worth it then I would stick it out for a while.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You can't drop everything for him. Maybe he could come to you unless he has other duties too. Truth is, it may just not work out in your life right now.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have the same thing going on but the distance is a lot further. It's sort of fun, huh?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• no not at all!! you should not feel bad or weird or whatever for missing him! someone is giving you the attention you need and have been looking for for a while im sure! so its nice to get it! I would say that him being an hour away is a good way to keep things slow! if he was just a few minutes away the relationship would be much faster, :o) Hope this helps you feel better

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• An hour is not far at all. I wish I was so lucky, my partner and I live 8 1/2 hours apart right now.
    Keep in mind that he may not be the same person he was in high school - after all, who is?
    I'd recommend getting together on a regular basis to see what connection you do - and don't - have. Only then would I be deciding if this is something worth pursuing.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 4:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's natural to miss someone you have a connection with. You have known him for a number of years even if you haven't been in contact until recently. I would suggest meeting him halfway at a casual place where you both can talk and get to know one another face to face. Then go from there. It's important to reconnect face to face as well, so that you know them in all aspects. Just take it slow and allow the feelings to develop naturally. You will know whether he's really perfect for you or if you're just building up that image artificially.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's ok 2 miss him, & woobie102 says, the distance will help keep it slow. Just go with it take it a day at a time. If it does it does & if it don't well then it just don't. Either was have fun with it. Good luck.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That is really awesome, an hour isn;t not very far away ;)... lets put it this way i moved to another state when an old high school friend contacted me via fb.. he came to cali for a wonderful and fun visit... you never know til you try ;)... just go with it and see where it leads you.. i never thought in a million years that by taking a chance things would be so wonderful just from him contacting me like he did..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010