Is there something in your past you DON'T want your kids to know...just yet?

Mine (teens) know that I grew up where drug use was somewhat common among teens and 20-somethings. They don't know ALL that I dabbled in. I think I'll keep it that way for now.

How about you...sex, drugs, rock & roll, witchcraft, tattoo, crime...any not-for-the-kiddies secrets?

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 4:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• would def NEVER tell them the amount of partners Ive had! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Since my daughter is only two, there are many things she wouldn't understand even if I did want to tell her. ;-)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No, not that I can remember! LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sex/drugs/alcohol use.

Nooo. She can never find out!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• That when I went on a date with their daddy the first time I was 16 & he was 20. Some 20 year old shows up wanting to take my teen daughter out, DH will kick his butt!
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My daughter has seen my tattoo. I just explained that it was when my friends and I turned18. It was how we celebrated turing 18. It is just a butterfly and happpy face, so no big deal.
    I told her I don't want her to get tattoos, but if she does, please wait until she is 18 and get it in a place no one can see it or she can a least cover it up for work or school.
    Personally I don't want her to get a tattoo.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• oh gosh, let the list start!
    lets see, I started smoking when I was 12 (in Kentucky, thats all there is to do! I have since quit though)
    I tried pot when I was a kid (peer pressure)
    I lost my virginity AND fell for the whole "if you love me you'll do it line"
    I flew off to meet my husband after having known him online for 1 month and I moved in with him a month after that and then married him after only knowing him 4 months!
    I think Im just going to tell my kids I have amnesia starting from age 20 and back!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well, he's only 2, so it's a moot point right now, but I have no intentions of keeping anything I've done in the past a secret, no. And believe me, I've done a LOT! I honestly believe in being completely open and honest with him, and that my experiences can actually help him.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I dont want my oldest daughter to know how i got pregnant with her. I cheated on my husband with an ex bf (her father). She knows I was married before but has no idea what went on.
    Anonymous

• No there isn't really anything that I don't want my kids to know. If they ask I would be totally honest with them. My kids are 13, 11 and 9 and while there are some things the 13 year old knows, the 9 year old doesn't. Not becuase I don't want her to know but because she is still young and we have not had certain conversations yet.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010