I'm pregnant,confused, and alone I have the full support of my boyfriend but my mom and dad have disowned me.Can you help?

I'm pregnant and confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well at least you have your boyfriend. Just try and hang in there...are you a member at a church?
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Do you have any other friends who can help you right now or other family members? Or like supermommy suggested, do you have a church that can help you right now?
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 7:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You should visit Birthright or another crisis pregnancy center. (Whatever you do, DON'T go to Planned Parenthood for "help"!) Birthright helps women in crisis pregnancies get the resources they need, for themselves, their baby, and even help them talk to their parents. Sometimes parents just need some time for the news to soak in, tben they are better later. If your parents truly won't let you live at home, Birthright can also help you find a place to live temporarily.
    KiraJenLove

Answer by KiraJenLove at 8:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• In the same boat, only no bf. However, I have two other children and am already established. There are a ton of agincies out there for help and resourses (contact the govement, or any religious agency, Catholic Carities is good, do not give up on your child, I agree no Planed parenthood they dont even council, your baby will never give up on you. If mom and dad do not want to help, it is a crying shame, but move forward, do not sink into a rut. Get help from someone, anyone. If you need a home go to a shelter. Celebrate this time, dont let your folks ruin it for you. Just a suggestion: if your bf will not marry, move on, dont disown him, but dont count on him, you need to stay strong. If you need to, you can do it on your own, you will be a better person for it. Get your act together, you will need it. Your parents may come around. If you need any emotinal support, feel free to drop me a line. You can do it, dont doubt it.
    emmyem

Answer by emmyem at 8:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• All I can say is don't be afraid to go out there and ask for help!! Go to your local health services department and see if you are eligible for food stamps, financial aid, and/or medicaid!! This is exactly what these services are for. Also, the church idea is great. I have a friend who had all of her maternity bills paid up until the baby's first check-up after being born by a Pro-Life group. They helped her for deciding to keep her baby and making the right choice for herself. There is tons of help out there, don't get despaired.
    Also, DON'T get married if you are not sure that that is the right thing for your relationship!!!!!!! Don't just feel that you have to marry because he seems like the only one who is there for you at the moment abd getting married will "secure" the help that you and your baby will need. You WILL make it if you just try and put forth the effort. GOOD LUCK GIRL and keep your head up for your baby!!
    Kinina16

Answer by Kinina16 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• aww i feel bad for you. be happy ,a new life you are bringing in this world not your parents.they will come around.just be strong honey.god bless you..
    supermama65

Answer by supermama65 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Family will s*** on you when you need them the most. My mom just told me that not to feel bad is she doesn't come to my baby shower in August because I didn't join the rest of the family at her house for the 4th. I had to work and did not want to miss holiday pay or time and a half for the trip. I'm not rich and would rather put the 150 I would have spent on gas towards my baby shower. Enough about me, where was I? Oh yeah, a little support is better than none. Sorry I got off subject.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It sucks right now , but maybe your parents may come around. They may just be hurt. Hang in there. It will get better!
    froglady23

Answer by froglady23 at 2:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2008