when do you know you have lost your mucus plug

What is it like or look like? How do you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thick and slimy, sometimes it's blood streaked. it can come out a little at a time or all at once.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• well mine came out today and it kinda looked like snot, it was clear and yellow with no blood and very slimy. sometimes theres blood tho.
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mine came out all at once and was sitiing in my underware. Eww, I know. It will be thick and slimy brown with some red blood in it. My water broke 2 minutes after I found the plug.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 8:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• lol yea that sounds gross lol
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I've been losing mine for 4 days now. It looks like snot. Yuck! It can be blood tinged, or not. I don't know if you can see it if it's in the toilet, but it seems like you could....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Funny thing, I've been pregnant before and have NO clue when I lost it. It had to have been sometime during labor because I never saw it. I think it came out when pushing.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I didn't feel mine come out but I was asleep so maybe you can feel it. I have no idea if it floats but you will be able to tell when you are losing it because it is slimy and gross.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Most of the time it has a pink or brown tinge to it, and it's thick and slimy like snot. I lost mine over the course of 4 days with my DS. I would see it in my underwear or when I would wipe after using the bathroom.
    bensmom531

Answer by bensmom531 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2008