Have any of you ever used progesterone?

I had my mirena IUD removed on November 3rd after having it in for 2 1/2 years, the whole time I had it I never had a period. 3 days after removal I bled for about a day and a half but I'm quite certain it was from the removal and not an actual period. Anyhow if my periods don't start by the beginning of January then my OB is going to put me on progesterone. Have any of you used it and whats your input on it?

LindsayLL

Asked by LindsayLL at 4:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I got put on it about 2.5months ago. I got started on it 'cause my cycles we're coming like every 2wks. Turns out they weren't cycles, it was estrogen being released...I just got my first actual period on it last week. So far so good...we're taking it as it comes.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Oh...and mine was from being on the depo shot for 4.5yrs and no period for 5 and then 10months of the every 2wk "periods"
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• So you do take it for a week or so and then stop and your period comes a few days later? I wasn't sure if I'd only have to take until my first period and then things would be regular or if I'd have to take it for a few months.
    LindsayLL

Comment by LindsayLL (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was told to take it for 10days each month, and then a couple days later period will start. The first month I had some spotting while I was on it and a couple days afterwards. This past month...no spotting and then 3days (I think) started a 4ish day period and that was last week. I have a years prescription and I'm assuming I'm supposed to take it 'til either the year of it is up or I get pregnant.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When I took it i was already pregnant. It is a vital hormone to maintain a pregnancy. If levels are low you could easily miscarry. That said I took it as a weekly shot in the hip. From the time I got a positive result to 36 weeks gestation. It should help to regulate your cycle as well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I took it from the time I ovulated until the end of my first trimester.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010