my kid passed out---with update

my kid passed out a school--never happened before--now she is acting weird----have appointment at 5:30 at doctor---should I take her sooner

UPDATE::: Took her to the evening clinic, they did all kinds of neurological exams and took a urine (diabetes test) that was negative and a hemablogin A1C and that was 5.5 (good) so they are stumped but I think that I am just going to look for a CP doctor and take her, she has not gone for 7 years, because all the docotors cared about was how upset she was all the time, well thinking back maybe her legs were hurting her and that is why she was so crabby, and wild. Now that she can talk to the doctor and be better evaluated, it would be a good time to do this. Sorry I didn't update last night it just got too late and I was exhausted (and still am!!)

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 5:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Health

• Did she hit her head on anything? What do you mean by "acting weird"? If you think there is something wrong, I would take her right away...especially if she hit her head.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• What was she doing right before she passed out? I would take her to the ER-time is critical for a lot of things.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• How old is she? What made her pass out?

Answer by louise2 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree. IF she is not herself then def take her to the ER. Do not mess with head trauma(if there was any) Hope everything turns out ok :))))
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• also get a flashlight and see if her pupils are dialating. If not then she has a concussion. That can cause ppl to feel and act weird. IF she does then dont let her fall asleep!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Keep us posted please? I am going to worry about her until I hear that she's okay! I'll say a prayer right now!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• What ever you do-don't let her go to sleep! The hospital can do more for her if the problem is something neurological; most Dr's offices are not equipped to deal with that stuff. They can cat scan her head and see what's going on. If you wait for the Dr appt. you may be wasting valuable time!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• she is acting weird, talking gibberish, not doing anything she normally does, she 10 she fanited it choir, it has never happened before!, and, the choir teacher said that she looked like she had a seizure, and she has been having other issues like a sore neck all summer and a sore hip, as well as headaches. Her potty trained indoor bunny rabbit is her best buddy and she is tried to pick him up by the ears(you never do that) and she has not given him any attention since she has been home, usually he is the first thing on her mind and she is just not herself
    blue_glass_mama

Comment by blue_glass_mama (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just go to the ER..Thats all the dr is gonna tell you to do anyway
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I would take her in immediately. The seizure thing is a big red flag. Has she been to the doctor for all the other symptoms? Please take her in right away. Her behavior indicates a problem that could be life threatening.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2010