Outside influences

I know sometimes I get distracted by outside influences. Not drugs or anything like that. My family (mother to be specific) was becoming a huge drain on my emotionally and financially which caused me to mess up my payments and bills. I had no one to really confide in and messed up a good situation. I had roommates but they had so much drama and negative thigns to say it kind of took a toll on my self esteem. I have since left them alone but I noticed that sometimes outsiders do influence me in a negative way....I have no clue if that makes sense. I don't have enough postive influences.

What are some things I can do to fix this?? Not being so easily smushed (emotionally)???

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe you need to see a therapist. Not saying anything is wrong with you but sometimes in our lives we need guidance and you maynot be finding it right now. It may help your reorganize your life :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• lol I do see one. it was just a thought on my mind. Getting back to happy and "normal" is smoething I'm working on.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• last time I went their we talked about how I had no one to help celebrate the birth of my baby. I know it is a hard thing but I usually try to avoid thinking about why I had no one there to help me celebrate the birth of my child.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Maybe you need an outside opinion/advice...Im always available if you need to vent!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think you did a nice first step admitting to the issues so that you are able to face them. Most people allow this to go on for years and at the neglectfulness of their child. Face these issues to best move on for you and your baby's sake theraphy only helps you speak aloud about what is going on. You have to take the extra steps to not fall back into old ways if people are not helping you as much as you are helping them this is a problem. You need to find positive people who will enhance you as a person and help keep you on the road to improving .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yeah. I am trying to be a better mother than mine was to me. I have not had it easy by any means. I think what I am mostly hung up on is how so many people were not there for me and/or how lonely I am. also it is hard for me to open up to people. I was open to the last people and they hurt me more than expected so I keep folks at bay.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010