I am soooo extremely nauseas but haven't thrown up.... HELP!

I'm only 6 wks and not only am I getting extrememly nauseas (which eating only subsides it for about 15 minute) I get dizzy along with it and it feels like my blood pressure is throught the roof! It's so horrible.... I've always had a pretty strong stomach and I almost wish I could throw up to possibly maybe feel better..... I never had this with my first pregnancy, only slight nausea that went away when I ate something. HELP please! Is there anything that worked for you when you had "morning sickness"? And should I just try to force myself to throw up to possibly feel better?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 5:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eating crackers and/or drinking ginger ale.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• can't give you an answer, but wanted to say congrats. I just found out I am pregnant with my third and last. I found out yesterday I go to the doctor the 16th but of my calculations I am 4 weeks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• that is how I felt for full 7 months with my son - I only threw up once but felt like I needed to all day long.. good luck momy!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Congrats to you too mommy5409... Im trying 7up with some gripe water in it now.... going to the store later to get crackers..... I just can't stand saltines.... can i get any crackers? or does it have to be saltines?
    marchma2b

Comment by marchma2b (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• sprite, 7 up, or gingerale. If you can stomach it, eat fresh ginger. Or make food/tea with ginger in it. Most people say saltines, but even the thought of salt in early pregnancy make me want to puke. I ate animal crackers and dry lucky charms and it helped me. I also just slept a lot. That helps, but isn't a luxury everyone has. Sleep as much as you can and try to avoid foods and smells that make the nausea worse. Keep your crackers by your bed or couch, eat before you stand up.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• First do not force yourself to throw up, second every pregnancy is different, I have 3 kids and my 4th is gonna be born any day now, My 1st and 2nd had me sick all day all night til nearly the end my 3rd child oh boy I had hyperemesis gravidarum which in normal terms is servere nausea & vomiting and for the 1st & 2nd trimester I threw up everything including water, I could barely get out of bed and when I did I had to crawl and even that winded me, Nothing helped no phenergen no zofran no ginger ale no ginger snaps no nothing. But this pregnancy has pretty much been a breeze in that department asside from the occasional nausea and vomiting every once in a while (though I have been quite nauseus the past week). So you see each is different and trust me just feeling nauseus is better than throwing up and having pickle or pizza chunks stuck in your nasal passages.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• may seem weird but it works, a dash of straight salt, or drink some pickle juice the vinegar settles nausea. I guess everyone is different but most of the time salty, or vinegar products settles stomachs, and sugar makes it worse.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• When i was pregnant with both of my children i was so severely sick that the doctor had to prescribe me something. It started off as extreme nausea and then by 9 weeks it was full blown all day all night sickness couldn't keep anything down not even water. I tried crackers, ginger ale, preggie pops and preggie drops from the motherhood store. Nothing worked. I hope you can figure something out to help you feel better i know what hell it can be especially having to raise the first child being that sick. Good luck!
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sucking on Life Savers helped me feel less nauseous. I was nauseated all the time, but only puked maybe 2 or 3 times. It passed once I hit the 2nd trimester.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• are you eating little meals every two hours? some say regulating your blood sugar helps.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010