bleeding after seeing the doctor

im 38 weeks and i just saw the doctor i know you bleed after seeing them but is it normal to hurt so much? the last week i was in pain for like three days it hurt to stand up or sit down ...this is my second child with my first it didnt hurt after? im just wondering thats all

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 5:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like he stripped your membranes and didn't tell you. You will bleed and have cramping.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Well you are at the very tail end of the pregnancy.....maybe you might go early? This happened to me. Doctor loosened the mucous plug and I ended up in labor 2 days later! Congrats!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I bleed just about every time I saw the Dr it is very normal.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "Seeing" the doctor shouldn't make you bleed. You mean you are having something done?

I am guessing you'd meant referring to a vaginal exam.
    If you mean getting your cervix checked, women can bleed after. This is an invasive, unnecessary optional intervention~ feel free to decline the offer.

Lots of women don't have them, no need to. Your choice.

If you meant something other, please elaborate~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I always bled and hurt a little after exams, but to hurt for that long, I have to agree with a PP - sounds like he stripped your membranes without asking or telling.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Honestly, I will decline all vaginal/cervix checks. They aren't necessary. And I would also be PISSED at my doc for stripping my membranes without even asking.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If he did an internal exam, then it is normal to bleed a little bit. There is extra blood flow everywhere in your body, including your cervix.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 6:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did spot a lil and hurt for about a day, i beleive it's from the pressure of the baby.

doulala --- thank you for that info, i did not know that you can decline the exam near the end.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes & it also does not mean he stripped your membranes, they still haven't done that to mine and I'm over due as of right now, I was due the 28th of November. My OB said it's normal to be sore, I felt the same way esp after laying down for a little while & then getting up. Hope you feel better!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• my doc didn't do but one internal exam, i was so happy i only had to do that once
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010