Do you think it's wrong to have a facial piercing or would it embarrass your kids?

I want to get my nose pierced and I don't wanna embarrass my kids. I'm almost 25 but I have a 6yr old and 9yr old and I think it would embarrass them if I showed up to pick them up with that. Anyone have an opinion

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I had my lip pierced for years and it didn't embarrass my son. I liked it, I am 27.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'm 27 and have my nose pierced. I did it before my first little one over 4 years ago so it has always been there.....she likes it, I like it, and it's easy to remove when I get sick of it. Why don't you ask them what they think?
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 5:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• isn't that what parents are supposed to do embarass their kids?? haha I wouldn't worry about it, nostril piercings are generally very small and easily overlooked.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My kids are 10, 8 & 5 and im preggo I got my nosed and tongue pierced when I was 19, My oldest 2 were 1 & 3 at the time. My nose ring advice to you is get the screw kind so they don't come out easy and skip the cutesie jewel ones the jewel always falls out. My tongue ring is barely noticeable, when I was dating my ex I was with him for 3 years, he had a teenaged niece ( I love her like my own & she still calls me auntie) She never knew I had a tongue ring until 2 years into me & his relationship lmao. Go for it mama!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I do not let my kids decide what I am going to do. 

Answer by louise2 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Not sure what you have in mind but many nose rings are so small you can barely see them. If you're super worried why not ask the kids what they think?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• They aren't your parents, you are THEIR parent. They should have no say in what you do with your own body, and pretty much every other decision you make. It's a nose ring, not a new daddy. I'm sure they'll be fine. If they have a problem with it, tell them you'll keep that opinion in mind when THEY want to get something pierced.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i wouldnt worry about it, most people wont even notice it. i dont notice piercings anymore at all, it's not something i would use to describe someone to someone else, ya know?! especially a nose ring. and about previous response i suggest a nose ring with a claw around the jewel, they last for years usually, but the ones that looked glued in don't
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have my labret pierced. Nothing embassing about a facial piercing as long as you dont overdo it! Piercings and tattoos are more of the norm now so I doubt anyone or your kids will find it embarrasing!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have had my nose pierced for 6 years, on the left side of the picture. I love it! I have never had anyone say anything about it. Its all in the way you carry yourself.

And as for your kids, they most likely wont even notice it, not care about it at all. My DD could care less. She never tried to yank it or even touch it. I say... GO FOR IT! If you dont like it, you can just take it out. And you only live once! Good luck... and FYI your eye will water a lot when they do it...

Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010