spinoff of a previous question

How many ladies here let their children go hang out with their husbands ex significant others family, who he has a child with, without you or your hubby present? Saw this on a question and thought it was strange.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• If it's JUST the family, and the child wouldn't be there, I'd think it was weird. However, if the child was there (who is a sibling, after all), I can kind of see it... I suppose it all depends on how amicable everybody is with each other.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sounds odd to me... but I'm not sure, I have not had to be in that place, I may feel differently if I was in the actual situation, so I can't really judge.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think it is strange too.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If my child had a sibling there I wouldn't think it's weird at all. I would also hope the sibling would be able to come hang out with my family as well. I really don't see what would be inappropriate about a child spending time with their sibling and family.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• my sister from my mom's second marriage thought that she was related to my dad for a while. we used to take her with us to visit him on christmas and other times too. i think we always felt like she was our sister 100%, and we (the sisters) were just together. I don't know how my mom felt about it, but she never stopped it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• if someone is older to be able to protect them if something happens, i think is fine.. but if they are TODDLERS, would you let it happen?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010