Are you in debt?

It seems that we keep getting further and further into debt. Are you in debt? If so how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• No.. We have 0 debt. We have been debt free for about 10 years now.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes very much so! and A lot

CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 5:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No debt, other than our mortgage... At this point, the mortgage is probably higher than the house is worth, since values have dropped so much, but since we're not planning on selling in the foreseeable future anyway, I'm not too worried about it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• of course we're in debt....we don't own our truck, house, Harley, or our travel trailer! I'd say that makes us in debt til the cows come home! I also have 3 little girls with one on the way, I'll be in debt til the cows jump over the moon!!!
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Of course - I have a mortgage.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• zero debt
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 5:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have my student loans and 3 small credit cards. Compared to my annual income, my total debt is only about 25%. If I were diligent and dedicated my annual tax return to my student loans and stopped using my credit cards, I would be debt-free in about 4-5 years.

Considering most people are barely scraping by, living off their CCs just to survive, losing their houses, etc., I figure I'd doing okay. It could be a LOT worse!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes. A lot, for us. We're about $5,000 behind right now. May not seem like much to some people, but it's next to impossible for us to catch up.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes we are about 8k in debt.. should be all caught up from taxes and then both our cars will be about time to not run anymore.. we are trying to sell our house and rearrange things so IF we can sell our house, we will set up things to be out of debt and be able to pay for used cars too and still be debt free.. that's our plan at least.. can't wait for April...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, we are in a lot of debt, my van, the house, some credit cards, doctors bills, dental bills. I figure I will always be in debt. I just wish I felt we were managing it better.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010