Are their certain racial identifications that really....

make you mad to hear them? Racial slurs, racist words etc? I have MANY things that people say in a "normal" conversation that make me want to slap them.

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 5:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Were you talking about the mulatto question? Honestly, I wouldn't use the term, but just because it sounds horribly outdated to me, and everybody I know who's mixed call themselves either mixed or bi-racial... I didn't know the term was offensive to some though. Learn something new every day.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I have been around Black people(African American) all my adult life. And they will say the N word to each other. But some white person better not ever say it to them.

Answer by louise2 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Gimme a break. Being racist means you think your race is better than everybody elses. It doesn't mean you arn't allowed to say anything negative about anybody else. Monty Python made a career out openly making fun of Jews, Christians, Asians and Gay people just to name a few. It's a fact that many of us do things that fit perfectly into stereotypical patterns and it isn't racist or wrong to point it out. It only becomes racist when you get vicious about it and are trying to hurt other people with your comments. Ultimately, people have the right to their own opinions, even if we don't like what they say. I think we all need to lighten up because glossing over the truth with polictical correctness isn't going to help us change attitudes. Somebody once said, "We are not interested in changing minds, we look to open their hearts."
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 6:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I said "african american" and got chewed out by a black woman at my old work. I was telling a funny story of how a woman i know would deal with her mother & she is a black lady which was relevent to the story. She said it wasn't PC. So, now if i am referring to someone who is of african decent...i just call them black. I had no idea that using the term"African American" was offensive to some... learn something new every day...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• then why do you hang around them? Who says thes things around you and why?

Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Luckily I don't hang around people who say racist things, but if I did, I think I'd probably reconsider the friendship. I'm white, but any racial slur really grates on my nerves and frankly makes me ill.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 6:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yeah didn't get the point at all... there is a post where a person made a slur that was offensive to many of the responders, ( I didn't even know what it meant), and I thought of the question. And lots of people make racist comments in conversation and don't feel that way because its normal, and not racial to them.
    bjojola

Comment by bjojola (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• shruggingI AGREE WITH U BLABBERMOUTH. its funny how people like to jump to stupid conclusions. they have no idea what the person who asked the QUESTION looks like but they make all these assumptions. just because someone asks a question on cafemom doesn't mean that is their point of view. it could be from a movie, a conversation they over heard,anything. i think it is really immature of some people to bash others on here for asking a question. thats the whole point of cafemom is to put a thought or question out there just to pick at others brains and see what they think. thats all people get over yourselves.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• blank staresome people are too sensitive. some like to be called black some dont, some prefer african am some dont ,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. some people just enjoy playing the victim role thats all. i know of this lady who is 70 years old and she refers to her husband as a colored man big deal. i bet if she was on cafe mom she would be called a racist. and i guarantee u none of these people on here who like jumping on the band wagon loves her husband like she does. hope i dont get a visit from AL SHARPTON OR JESSE JACKSON BY TONIGHT!!

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010