Has anyone gotten pregnant while on the IUD Mirena?

I have had the IUD Mirena, for almost 2 years now. It was inserted 6wks after my second daughter was born. I have not had a period in over 2 years, due to being pregnant and then having an IUD (which my OB said was fine) Now, for the past month, I have been craving sweets, cramping, feeling bloated, and have actually gained 5lbs just this month alone! I thought maybe my period was starting because I noticed some spotting a week after the cramping and cravings. The spotting only lasted for a day, but the other symptoms have not left, and here it is 3 weeks from the day I had spotting, and noticed spotting again today, plus swelling in my ankles! WTF is wrong with me? Anyone have any ideas? Could I be pregnant? Has anyone gotten pregnant while having an IUD? Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anonymous

• If you can feel your strings, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. Take a test and know for sure though. If the test comes back negative, then do not worry about it. Sometimes I get weird symptoms for a couple of weeks too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I randomly get some spotting every few months with my mirena.. I do not bleed normally since it was inserted but every so often I get spotting.. I did call Mirena about this once and they said it is normal to bleed occasionally but if it gets heavy then you should worry about pregnancy because bleeding is a side effect of pregnancy with a mirena.. I do suggest testing.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 6:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010