Is it okay to alternate between enfamil to similac?

My daughter is only 1 month old and I am currently using Enfamil for Newborns. My mom works in an OBGYN office, so she's always bringing me home samples of formula. I currently only have about one container of Enfamil left and TONS of Similac. Do you think this will upset her stomach if I decide to switch her formula? Thanks in Advance..Jenna =]

jenna_rose

Asked by jenna_rose at 6:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't think so...unless its the Similac Soy.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It may upset his tummy or it may not - when I switched formulas, I would mix a bottle 1/4 with the new, then 1/2, then 3/4, then try a full bottle if everything was ok. I never had any problems.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• it is fine as long as you rbaby tolerates the switch. they have essentially the same vitamins, nutrients, fats, they may be different on her digestion though,. so test it out and as long as her belly can handle it it should be fine,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I worked for a pediatrican and also used samples and my baby had no prob going back and forth. you should be fine unless your baby has a sensitive tummy. they are molecularly the same though I found emfamil mixed easier with less bubbles
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Its okay to switch them. Just watch to see if it gives her gas or if she has a change in her bowel movements. Its not good to do it constantly though.
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 12:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• when i switched formula. i gradually mixed it ounce by ounce. for instance if my baby was drinking 4oz. i put 3oz of enfamil and 1oz of similac. the next feeding, i would do 2oz of each. the feeding after that i would do 3oz of similac and 1oz of enfamil. that way your baby doesn't get an upset stomach from the sudden switch.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 6:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010