Anyone else forget to take their prenatals? adult content

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 6:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just have a post it note posted on our refrigerator that says DONT FORGET TO TAKE PRENATAL!! Other wise I would forgot constantly!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Never.. i take them at night before i sleep that way i don't forget.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i try to get most of my nutrients from food...i am not convinced that our bodies get what they need from synthetic vitamins.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ugh, all the friggin' time with this pregnancy. I never forgot the first time around, I think my brain got scrambled after having my son, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't think I did with my first but now with my second pregnancy and the 1 year old I watch 14 hours a day I do!! I have started putting the bottle next to my toothbrush so I brush my teeth in the am and pop a pill! lol works much better because then I don't forget to take it or wonder if I have already taken it that day.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• this is my 4th pregnancy and the first one i have been able to remember to take them daily. the only reason i remember is because the kids ask for their flinstones vitamins every morning,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• ive forgot like 3 times and im going on 9 weeks so eh i feel bad but ugh it made me nautious thats y i didnt those times but i do it like everyday
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I did forget a couple of times but I do think it's important to take them unless your diet is PERFECT. You don't get as much of the nutrients from the synthetic vitamins as you do the ones that come from natural sources. Unfortunantly most of us do not have diets that help us to get the right amounts of nutrients.

It's important to eat as healthy as possible and take the vitamin to supplement that.

The MOST important thing about a prenatal vitamin is the Folic Acid because that prevents nueral tube defects. Iron is also important because it supports the formation of new cells and helps prevent you from becoming anemic which can lead to hemmorage during delivery.

Anyways...long story short...just try to remember to take them. Put them by your tooth brush, put them where you keep your snack (your pregnant...you KNOW your going to get into that cabinet, lol), put them in your purse so you can take them when your out..
    Anonymous

• I never took them with either child...my children were perfectly healthy
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 9:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i forget all the time. the only time i dont is when my husband is home and thats never anymore. he is in this state or that state working. and i cant even remember to put on my shoes much less take a pill. ill probably get into trouble when he gets home. he is very overprotective of me and this baby. thank goodness
    lucasmommy503

Answer by lucasmommy503 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2010