How do you stop your baby doing raspberries while eating?

My almost 10 month old son just started doing raspberries while eating -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's driving me crazy! Any suggestions on how to get him to stop? I tried making an angry and frustrated face and even saying no while shaking my head but that just eggs him on more. So frustrated! Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is just something kids go through, and it's actually a good learning experience for them... they are learning what their mouths can do, and learning about different textures. I wouldn't worry about it, because they will grow out of it sooner that you know. Take some cute videos though... you'll appreciate them when he's older.
    basmet

Answer by basmet at 6:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just enjoy him. He's a baby. Do you really want to spend meal time with angry faces? The food feels different in his mouth. He is exploring. It's important to experiment!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ignore it the best you can. If it is towards the end of the meal let him know he is all done.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My DD used to do raspberries right on my boobs when she breastfed....LOL! She would crack me up! Miss those days...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• LOL. I remember that. Just ignore it as best you can. If he's already eaten at least some, it's a signal that he's bored with eating and it's time for mealtime to be over.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My 10 month old does this as well. It's a phase that will quickly pass. Keep a lot of towels handy and don't wear a white shirt while feeding the baby. :)
    Anonymous

• i'd just stop the solids when he starts. try again later.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010