how can i convey that i like a guy on a coffee date?

nice male friend invited me for coffee/tea, so how do i pull this off and be natural but not come off as UNinterested...which is usually i am too cool and no one catches my drift lol. please help. it is during day, at his shop and part of town. "just hanging out" is what he said, but said he is looking forward to sharing a cup of tea or coffee.

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 7:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Make sure to smile, lots of eye contact, show interest in what he's saying, have your body pointed towards him, occasionally touch him on the arm, lots of non-verbal signs. Unless you just want to be blunt and tell him you like him, heh. I'm pretty bad at the whole flirting thing myself, so that approach has worked for me in the past ;)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• see where he takes it, if there is flirting on his side just act on it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I usually let my non-verbal communication speak for me. (smile, flirtatious looks, the way I sit, etc)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• ask him on another coffee date!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 7:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Tell him you had a really great time when it is over, maybe dress up a little so he knows you consider it a real date. Touch him now and then when you're talking to him.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Do the flirting stuff Anouck said without the blunt part. That's okay on a date date but on a "i'm not sure if it's a date date" no.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2010