Is this a silly question!?

Probably, but here goes anyway!
My baby moves, obviously, I'm 22 weeks.
But why is he/she kicking so low? Like in my abdomen, almost near my pelvis? When is he/she going to move higher?! The doc listened to the heartbeat two days ago and had the doppler on my left side of my belly, just below my belly button...but why do I feel his/her kicks so low?!
Note: I am young, this is my first pregnancy!

NO RUDE ANSWERS PLEASE! :-|

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• :) those little arms and legs can stretch pretty far :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well you are only half way through your pregnancy; and until they flip they will tend to be lower... Feeling the kicks is the best; although the crotch shots suck! LOL
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I've been pregnant twice. My second baby, my little girl was like that. It seemed like she was backwards kicking me. Like u described low. Like the other's said, legs and arms get you. If you are concerned at all with the position of the baby, ask your doctor. I don't think there is anything you can do, unless there is a tummy positioner that would help without harming the baby. There are things in maternity wear that people wear for helping with posture for their backs.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My little one constantly kicks me in the pelvic bones. It's a very strange feeling, since my last one kicked my in the rib cage.
    bensmom531

Answer by bensmom531 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2008