ebay or garage sale?

Which would be better? I have a bunch of my kids old clothes and toys. If I did ebay how would I do that? and do I have to pay for the shipping?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 7:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• You pay shipping and fees with ebay. I recommend Craig's List or a local store in your area like a children's consignment store. We have one called Kid to Kid. They pay you cash or store credit for trade. I love shopping there for some children's items as well. Garage sales are going to get you very little money on clothes. Good luck! :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You'll get a lot more money for them on eBay, I think. At least, the ones I've sold on there have brought in decent money. You can sell them either individually or in lots (groups) of clothing. You list the shipping price that it will cost to ship it and the buyer pays for that, plus the cost of what the items go for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Garage sale first, then EBay.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Garage sale...no insert fees...no final sale fees...no paypal fees. Whatever is left, donate it to someone in need...come on...it's the holidays.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You can also try Craigslist or Upillar.com.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• How about craigslist?
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We've done both. With a garage sale, you have to bother with the set up but it's easier to make money. With eBay, you have to take pictures, write an ad. You can pay for shipping or the customer can. You decide when you list the item. Then you have to ship it but only after you've received payment. I would stay clear of Craigslist. Nothing but spam mail and scams.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I want to correct the first responder...YOU do NOT pay shipping fees when you sell on ebay, the BUYER does. It's best to have a scale to weigh the package and use ebays free shipping calculator so you charge the correct amount....OR use the flat rate priority boxes. But you have a greater chance of selling for more if sold on ebay rather than a yard sale or craigslist.

But if you have a local moms site, such as one from The Mommies Network you can sell on there as well under the appropriate message board. I sold a bunch of my sons outgrown pants yesturday there because I didn't feel like taking pics of the 42 pairs of pants my kid had (how he had that many I don't know, lol)! I also sold snow pants there yesturday as well and plan on selling a few more things there this weekend
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2010