Really confused

My husband and I seperated about 4 months ago, things have been bad for over a year now, and he did not want to try to make it work. Since we have split things between us have gonna really nasty. A month ago I met a guy, we are just talking as friends getting to know each other. Now all of the sudden my husband is being all nice to me, commenting on my weightloss, telling me how good I look, and being very helpful and friendly. I just dont have "those" feelings for him anymore. After things he has said and done, I would have a really hard time being with him. I dont know what to do, I feel like if i try to take him back it would be for the kids only. Because I dont want them to miss out on a intact family life, you know? Part of me feels like maybe he found out about my new friend and hes just trying to ruin whatever that might possibly turn into. I dont know what to do, any advice would be great! Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Go ahead with divorce proceedings. Sounds to me he is just being nice cause he found out. Don't stay in that relationship for the sake of your kids. You'll just end up staying in a miserable state. If the other guy makes you happy find where things go with him. You dont need to be around a loser like your soon to be XH.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• "Part of me feels like maybe he found out about my new friend and hes just trying to ruin whatever that might possibly turn into."

That part is the correct one. Tell him you're staying split till he's had some counseling.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Milk it for all it's worth. If he is being nice like this, enjoy it, it prob won't last long but dont worry about it
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree. with sweetpea.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• He ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY knows about your new guy. Listen...about 12 years ago my husband threw me out. He wanted something better, sow his oaks, blah, blah, blah. Well, within a month I met this guy that swept me off my feet, he was amazing, the kids loved him and he didn't have kids but knew that I couldn't have anymore and he didn't care, he just wanted to be with me and my kids. Well, when my hubby found out, all of a sudden "I love you...I miss you...I can't live without you, blah, blah, blah..." and against my own better judgement, I broke the poor guys heart (Oh...BTW...he was hung like a horse and knew what to do with it to) and went back to my hubby for my daughters sake. Last year the SOB cheated on me with some nasty cum dumpster. Last time I heard, the other guy was happily married and rocking some other lucky girls world. DAMN IT!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• thanks for the advice, the counseling thing is so true, but he still acts like hes done nothing wrong. I was talking to my bff about this today and i told her he would have to really prove he wasnt going to pull this again, and when times get tough hes not going to be running to someone else, like hes done twice. I dont want to be with him, honestly! But i know if he tries and I dont everyone is going to be really down on me, and start treating me like crap, because i didnt want to try again. i know i shouldnt care what other people think, i should do what makes me happy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• He's cheated on you twice? Honey then definately move on! He a control freak and will do it again when shit gets tough or he gets comfortable.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010