Membrane Sweep tomorrow......

Okay ladies, tomorrow is the big membrane sweep (never had this done before)! I hope it works! I was 3cm, 75% as of last Thursday and I'll be 40 weeks Friday......Wish me luck :) Did it work for any of you?

JenLavazza

Asked by JenLavazza at 8:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• what is that?
    Anonymous

• yea wat is that?
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• "Membrane sweeping is done by your midwife or doctor. While internally examining you, he or she will simply "sweep" a finger around the neck of your womb (cervix). The aim is to separate the membranes around your baby from your cervix. This releases hormones called prostaglandins, which may kick-start your labour.

A membrane sweep increases the likelihood that labour will start within 48 hours. It has a higher chance of working if the neck of your womb is already softening and preparing for labour. It does not increase the risk of infection to either you or your baby."
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 9:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This may work for u..it help me have my daughter 4 days early!
    Right after it u may cramp a lil bit, but it shouldn't be too bad.
    Good Luck!!!!!
    Anonymous