I am 4 weeks pregnant is it normal not to want to make love this early into my pregnancy?

I am the type that like it everyday or every other day and no less than every 3 days unless it is my time of the month, well I found out I was pregnant 3 days ago and I am still not in the mood is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my whole pregnancy i didnt want anything to do with sex! we maybe did it like once a month if he was lucky!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes I can be. I think I'm pregnant (have all the signs) and I want nothing to do with sex!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• it will change and trust me have sex and enjoy it but make sure your okayed by your ob first but you wont see a doc for a while so id say take it slow
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes it's normal and probably a good idea to avoid it anyway. If you are considered high risk or have a history of miscarriage, they will probably tell you not to have sex the first trimester anyway. I had to stop having sex for the entire pregnancy. Everybody's different just make sure your OB clears you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• YES! The minute I found out I was pregnant my sex drive went down the tube.

I had a really hard time with my first pregnancy seperating "mom" from "nauty wife in the bedroom." You know? I literally broke down in tears in the middle of sex several times during the first 2 months.

THEN my 3rd trimester hit and I nearly killed my husband. LOL. He was actually telling ME NO!!!! I couldn't believe it! Mr. 15 times a day was turning me down because he was exhausted. I would be ready to go 5,6, 10 times in a row.

He had a friend at work who's wife was due the week before me and he was going through the same thing with his wife.

The other guys at work were giving them both a hard time because they were exhausted at work and it was no secret as to why. When they went home for lunch they KNEW they were getting to eat. ROFL!!

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yep my sex drive went away emediatly I think it has to do with the rush of thoughts and emotions. let yourself wrap your mind around becoming a mom and all that brings and once you are more relaxed it might come back. for me it didnt til later but nothing makes you feel sexier than nausea, lol. be patient with yourself and eliminate the pressure by not putting weight on how much you do it. hang in there
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• looking back, im 18 weeks now and for as far back as i can remember i havent wanted anything to do with sex. i thought something was just wrong with me until i was told its normal.
    lucasmommy503

Answer by lucasmommy503 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Sometimes it is a mental thing. Am I going to hurt the baby? Or OMG I'm having a baby. It can kill the mood sometimes. But also your body is going through a major hormone change. Either way you'll get through it.
    m_o_m_m_y

Answer by m_o_m_m_y at 12:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010