Mommy advice

I am 20 years old. I live with my parents, wasn't thinking about moving out for another two years. But now I might have to sooner cause im pregnant. Well I wanted to know if you guys think this would be a good idea to tell my mom. I was going to give her the pregnancy i test as a "early xmas" gift, and wrap it in a box and give it to her. See my mom wanted a grand child for quite some time now so I figured I would have some fun with it. Not sure though. Or should I just buy her something saying she a grandma? what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can do both. Wrap up the test kit and also a grandma gift. Why not do both.
    I certainly wouldn't move out with a baby on the way. Big mistake
    kyandbransmom

Answer by kyandbransmom at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I think its a good idea if its something you think theyre looking forward to
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you get along well with your Mom don't move out--even if it is tight space- you could use the help even if you think you dont want or need it now
    also if you were thinking about and kind of career staying home with an infant would be much easier then having to pay the rent, take care of an infant AND go to school- how to tell her--take her to dinner just you and her-pass a note to her just as they put down her meal
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If you KNOW they will be happy about this then YES give her it as a Christmas present BUT if you think they might get upset for some reason do it in private and made make them dinner with baby themed foods (baby back ribs, baby carrots, etc.) to lighten the mood.

Show them you are HAPPY about your pregnancy and that will make them more likely to be happy too.

Also...I wouldn't move out if you don't have to...especially if baby's dad isn't in the picture.
    Anonymous

• Where is the baby's daddy? Is he still in the picture? I think if he is he should be there too; when you break the news. Are you working or contributing to the house in any way? Or do your parents still pay everything? As a parent I don't think I would be that pleased if I knew there was going to be another mouth to support. I don't understand why you would let yourself get pregnant? I really don't know how to answer your question. You say you are 20 years old; certainly old enough to take care of yourself and make the decision to get pregnant if you wanted. I guess I just don't understand why you sound like a 14 year old? Are you in any kind of relationship? You didn't even mention the baby's daddy? WTF?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wow MamaAlice54 lighten up a little bit.... she seems to be excited about the pregnancy and apparently she is not afraid to tell her mom about the baby if she is looking for a cute way to do it....and where the babies dad is not what she is asking...I think we should stick to the question she is asking and answer it....OP I am 20 and live with my in laws and although my pregnancy was not planned we were very excited to share the news with both sets of grandparents of course i told my mom and he told his parents I found out I was pregnant in the month of may so we were able to tell the grandmas as a mothers day gift that they were becoming grandparents i did what you were thinking of and both found it very cute and were very pleased...of course because we are young we did get the lecture of maturity but we have proven above and beyond that we can handle ourselves and help around the house and support a family.so I say go for it
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• your idea sounds very cute and I think if your mother has wanted to be a grandma than she will definitely be thrilled
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am sorry if I was harsh. She posted that she might HAVE to move out-now that she was pregnant! That gave me the impression that she isn't too sure of the reception that the news is going to get. If she was confident about the news being received well; I don't think she would be asking for our advice. I think she is worried that the parents will ask the same questions I asked. So I stand by my answer.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I am not 14 i have a job. The father is in the picture. And i can move out if i wanted to. I dont have to andyes my parents pay the bills but i help out when they ask. And for your fyi i was on bc and he had a condom. So its not like it was planned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010