my lovely dh....

Why, oh why, would my dh buy our children a wooden train whistle???? Is he trying to make me go crazy?!?

saydeejo

Asked by saydeejo at 7:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Once, my MIL gave the kids a toy weed whacker that made an unbearable grinding noise. I put up with the damn thing for months, until one of the kids made the fatal mistake of playing with it right outside the bedroom door when I was trying to take a much-needed PMS Nap. I got up, threw on a muumuu, grabbed the car keys and that damn weed whacker and went out the door without saying a word. I threw the whacker into the middle of the yard, got in the car, fired it up and drove repeatedly over the whacker until it was nothing but shards of yellow and orange plastic, got out of the car, gathered up the broken pieces and threw them dramatically into the trash can while the kids started out the window at the spectacle, mouths agape. The kids have never again dared to torture me with an annoying toy, and will whisper to one another "Don't make noise with that thing, or Mom'll drive over it!"
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• oh...and consider yourself lucky it wasn't a drum set.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• LOL!

Now make a rule that says "train whistles are to be used only in the garage with Daddy"
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• oh my! ear plugs should be on your Christmas list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Lol!!! Too funny! I remember those days when the kids were small and the best toys were the loudest ones.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes. He is. Perhaps he likes people to be as crazy as he is.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• If I know that whistle, it can't be unplugged..wooden and shrill, right? I think ours went missing one day in the house...strangest thing...
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes wooden and very shrill and no batteries needed...thinking it is gonna go into hiding after bedtime tonight
    saydeejo

Comment by saydeejo (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• men just dont get it do they? i dont think they are smart enough to understand that kids and noisy toys make for a migrane or a trip to the nut house!!! he probably wasnt thinking but seriously i think you should leave the kids at home with him one day and tell them to play with their new whistle in front of daddy because he will "love it"..........then come home and ask him how his day went......then maybe he will learn not to buy kids annoying toys like that lol
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• lol...after the holidays...take out the battery and forget to buy another one
    ShouldHaveLeft