I fell pregnant but it is too soon for a urine test. Will a blood test show after only two weeks?

I have a 21 day cycle and my period is due tomorrow. I have been having quite a few of the pregnancy symptoms but a urine test isn't showing whether I am or not.
It's only been two weeks since I last had intercourse, will a blood test show if I am pregnant or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• often 2 weeks is long enough for a urine test to tell
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• A urine test can typically show a positive result as early at 10 DPO so ya it should show.

Honestly I would wait a week and if you don't have a period then take another HPT. If it's still not positive THEN have a blood test.

My doctor ran a Quantitive HCG on me a few weeks ago but we weren't sure what was going on with my body. It cost me 15 bucks AFTER my insurance covered it at 90% which means it was really like a 150 dollar test.

Just wait a week, pay 5 bucks for a test and if it's still negative then call a doctor or lab for a blood test.
    Anonymous

• Thank you both! My period date has come and gone with no sign of it coming. I'm not sure what to believe at this point. I'm procrastinating with taking another test in fear of being disappointed. I'm very skeptical about it, despite my friends and family telling me that they believe I am.
    I have all of the symptoms, I think that I'm just chalking them up to other things such as stress or that my period is just late. Is there any sure fire symptom so I'd know I'm pregnant without the stress of taking that test?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2010