For those of you thinking about getting AT&T dsl for Christmas...

Do not...no not get sucked into the AT&T Uverse Package! I use to work for AT&T and first of all, the commercials try to suck you in with the DSL Lite which is just a tiny step above dial up and then the Uverse Package but unfortunately, the cable commercials are right...old phone lines are not meant to handle everything at once. Here's a suggestion, get the highest DSL available in your area. In about a month or after you've gotten all your rebates, call them and tell them that it's just to expensive and that cable has made a better offer and that if they can't do better, you want to disconnect. They will transfer you to their retention unit and this unit will automatically give you a $10 or $15 off for six months. In six months, call and do it again.

How do I know...I worked for AT&T (biggest rip off company in the country) for six years.

This wasn't a question...just a freebie info from me to you for the holidays.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Technology

• Hahaha, that's how I got AOL back in the day for free. I tried to quit them every so many months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010