If you were on birth control how long would you wait to take a pregnancy test if you were late?

My period was due Sunday. Is it normal for it to be a few days late or should it come right on the first day of the sugar pills? Haven't missed a pill so I doubt I'm pregnant but it's still kinda scary being late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you newly on the pill? if you're just starting sometimes you will get irregular periods for a few months.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd wait til you've skipped more than one cycle.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I've been on it for about 5 months now. I've been getting my period the first or second day of the sugar pills til this month. I will have to test on the 10th if I don't have it by then. It's my last day to cancel my venue for my wedding and get the deposit back. =/ This would be very bad timing. lol But if I am it was obviously meant to be. =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• i would normally start on my third sugar pill.. I wouldn't be too concerned.
    MoylanMommie2

Answer by MoylanMommie2 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I was on the pill and took it regularly,.....I now have a two yr old! Lol. Nothing is 100%. I suggest taking a test. Good luck :)
    mommysophia367

Answer by mommysophia367 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010