"Hrmmmm, According to the IRS Pub 919 form ..."

Hrmmmm, According to the IRS Pub 919 form, that is only LEGAL if you one, claim "Exempt"... Or if enough FEDERAL $ is withheld to cover within $1,000 or 90% of your tax liability for the year OR 100% of LAST year's liability. I call BS... Or you are hiding because you know what you are doing is illegal. Be careful... According to the irs website~ playing games with your W-4 may result in your/dh's employer has receiving a "lock in" letter from the IRS stating that their W-4 can have no more than 3 allowances. Good luck with that ANON.. Yikes!

OR

YOU are the coward for posting and then closing your question before I could respond.

As I stated before, I'm posting anon so I don't get hate mail from all the anti-entitlement nuts. And if you want to see a screen shot of DH's LES, I'll be happy to show it. It is LEGAL because the income we receive is below a certain tax bracket which does NOT get taxed. In other words, even if they withheld, I'd get all that back at the end of the year. But since we claim a certain number of allowances - which are legal, we have a tax accountant from church who has confirmed this - we don't get money withheld. We aren't playing games - this is totally legal.

So I'm sorry that your Fair Tax PSA doesn't impress everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

•  LOL..OK I saw who it was..she does it when she was bested! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ummm, no~ I closed out 3 questions before I closed out that one and then I closed out 2 questions AFTER.... Your comments were diverting from the OP...  So, I closed it, as I did others..  My peeps need their points, ya know..... ;o)

Anywho, since you were gracious enough to open another question just devoted to THIS.....Here is what I have from the IRS website, If an employee qualifies, Form W-4 is also used by the employee to tell you not to deduct any Federal income tax from his or her wages. To qualify for this exempt status, the employee must have had no tax liability for the previous year and must expect to have no tax liability for the current year.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Whats your question
    Anonymous

• Whats your question

Just finishing a debate that an ignoramus started and cowardly closed so I couldn't respond ... is that you girly?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Ahh lol I just read that. Agree with you. I only have 2 kids, have claimed up to 7 allowances to reduce my federal tax on my paycheck. You can claim as many allowances as you want. There is no legal reason for you to loan the government your money, which is basically what you are doing when you overpay taxes that they have to refund back to you in April each year. The IRS.gov website even has a withholding calculator to assist you in this. It tells me to claim 9 and my dh to claim 8 so we won't get a refund if we don't want one. But to play it safe I claim 5. PERFECTLY LEGAL.
    Anonymous

• lol....who closed....tell me tell me!! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It was the one on zero liability voters ... she kept insisting that low income voters would care more about government accountability if we (supported Fair Tax) got to keep more of pay check. I tried explaining to her that some of us keep all of our paycheck (at least as far as federal withholding is concerned) because of the number of allowances we (legally) claim. She got pissy that her argument didn't hold water, started calling me names, and then accusing me of illegal activity. You commented on that question, just check your answers section. The question got up to 116.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• grlygrlz2

• Then I said be careful, because if you are "playing games with your W-4 may result in your/dh's employer has receiving a "lock in" letter from the IRS stating.. <----- BAD NEWS....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Now, I am going to go make dinner for my family and engage in a wicked game of scrabble with my kids. So, if you hear "birds chirping" that will be why... Thanks for your concern about me.. Looks like I "got to " the pathetic cowardly anon who has to hide because of paranoia... TTYL.... xoxo ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010