Husband won't consider another child

My husband won't consider another child at all. We have one (2yr old) together and he has a 10yr old from a previous marrige. I'm not even talking doing it now, but when the little one goes to preschool because we can't afford 2 in daycare. But he says no because 2 of the kids would have to share a room and he just says the house is too small and the 2yr old takes up all our time already. I don't know how I will deal with not ever being pregnant again or and that bond with another child! I don't even know what to say or think right now. Any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• if he didn't get a vasectomy then he may not be 100% set on no more kids.
    my dh said no more after 2, but now we have 5!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I'd say don't push it so much right now. Wait until you yourself are ready and then push the subject. You could always remind him that as your 2 year old gets bigger and understands thing more that it would be much easier to have another child then.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wait till you want another one and push it. If you have to let him know there will be no sex until he agrees to knock you up
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Wait till you want another one and discuss.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• My husband also said no b/c he has a son from a previous relationship then we have a daughter together. He changed his mind hopefully yours well too. I wouldn't push it, and in a year or two he might change his mind.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Leave it. Create a happy home, so you don't look completely nuts from being a mom all day, and perhaps he'll see an addition to your family as 'not a completely insane idea.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Just give him time and wait until you're ready to talk about it further
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010