Does your husband play video games and do you find that acceptable?

Mine will sometimes, but not to the extent that I hear about with others. Mine will play with the kids, but soon bores of it. I hear of other men who play for hours and look forward to coming home to play. I find this very odd. What are your thoughts?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband plays video games, a lot. But he's in school right now so he doesn't get a lot of time to play them. He usually only does it when I'm doing home work, or he'll get up early on the weekends and play before me and our son get up. I don't think its that bad. It used to be, but he's gotten a lot better and doesn't put the game before us anymore.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• So, my question is, is there stuff that doesn't get done because hours are spent playing games? I regulate my time online so I get stuff done, and I can see how others might do that with gaming. I am curious, my friend was complaining her hubby didn't do anything but work and play video games.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It kinda did when we first got together. But my husband is the type of person that the tv has to be on at all times. It drives me CRAZY. I swear we will be getting ready to walk out the door and he will turn the tv on. Or he will be in the kitchen doing dishes and he will turn the tv on really loud so he can hear it over the running water. Like I said since I have gotten on him he has gotten a lot better, and he knows that if me and our son are up he has limited time, and if there are things to be done those things have to be done first or he's on his own with the house work.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Luckily we dont have video games or hed be playing them ALL the time. He is 31 and if he wants to play video games he can either wait until we have a son or get a job and Dave and Busters! lol I think VG's are for kids and I hate when growm "men" feel the need to play them all the time. I also can't stand when my bf watches wrestling! lol Its also childish IMO
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• typo...... job at** Dave and Busters
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes. he' s addicted but i set lmits. family time...has to play with the baby or me..etc. its what he likes to do.
    i mean most men come home and watch tv all day....at least with games they are stimulating their midns, using strategy , memorization etc.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• lol my husband plays the p-3 all the time the way I see it is he works his ass off so I can stay at home with our kids and after a 12 hour shift and the kids are in bed if he wants to play for a couple hours ( he can go every day on 5 hours sleep ) thats fine we have date night wed night we order take out all eat put the kids to bed early and watch UFC we love it ...it works lol
    Anonymous

• my husband plays. But i don't mind. Its not very frequent. Although me and him will play rockband together quite frequently. Usually when the kdis are in bed and everything is done in the house. Sometimes we let our 4 yr old play with us. My hubby will have a gameing day with his buddies. They are all in different states, so they play on xbox live together and chat. I usually choose to spend my free days sleeping, lol...but we give eachother days off from everything and that is what he chooses to do. I dont mind it, I like that every couple weeks he gets to kinda "hang out" with all his buddies. He works hard, and sometimes he just needs to escape and relax and just be a guy.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• mine does, and instead of bitching, i play with him!
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 9:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my hubby plays the 360 and i have a wii and ds. he plays the 360 and ds more than i do. i bore very easily with all that, add. anywho it is a stress reliever for my hubby. he used to play a lot more and we had words and have worked it out. now when he plays our son will sit on his lap. it doesn't bother me because it helps him decompress from his job, which he needs. its also the psychology of it all, guys are just wired differently.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 10:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008