If you were not related, would you really be friends with some people in your family?

I know you can pick your friends, but not your family. But if you could pick, would you chose to associate w/some people that you are related too?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I am related, and I still don't have any thing to do with the majority of my family... I don't see any difference between family and non-family. Either you earn my respect and loyalty, or you don't, really it's that simple. And when you have family members like I do, non-family is sometimes a much healthier alternative!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• NO, NO, H E L L N O ! ! !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Thank goodness for busy lives! I only have to see some of these people 1-2 times/year!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Hell NO
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 8:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina, but in my case, it's DH's family, not mine....but if my family acted as his does, they'd be gone too. You can't help who you're related to, but you sure as hell can choose who you have in your life. I have no problem cutting anyone out of my life that doesn't deserve to be there.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yeah...I would...my dad wasn't perfect me he loved me with every fiber of his being and my mother, as judgement as she is, she's always come through in the end for me. My kids aren't perfect but they are good kids and never given me any real trouble. The only one I would trade would be my husband.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, I would, my family is awesome!

Answer by older at 8:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• nope and so don't have any thing to do with the majority of my family...
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• most of them yeah but there are a few i wouldnt even bother with
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Yes, I'm very lucky. Unfortunately, my family is in Sweden so I only see them once every few years.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010