Which ovulation date would you use??

Ok. So I got my mirena taken out in July and was using the nuva ring for a month and then stopped using any birth control in August. We haven't exactly been hardcore "trying" to have a baby, we are more for just letting it happen. This month, I would like to try charting and all that fun stuff. Here is the problem. Since I had the mirena out, my periods have been scary regular. Ive never been so regular. It was coming on the 2nd every month. Now this month, for the first time in my life, my period was a full week early. Which put me at having 2 in nov, the 2nd and 27th.. So should I use the normal cycle date, or the new one with a shorter than normal cycle?

Beanna4406

Asked by Beanna4406 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What do you mean by "using" the cycle dates? With either cycle, you still don't know exactly when you ovulated. You just start from scratch. Enter the first day of your last period (the 27th), and just enter your temps every day. What website are you using? I use www.fertilityfriend.com and I LOVE it.
    When your cycles are irregular, it's always because of the follicular phase - pre ovulation. Stress, diet, illness, etc, can make you ovulate sooner or later than you normally would. The luteal (after ovulation) phase is almost always the same. It doesn't typically vary by more than a day.
    If your period has steadily been 30 days, then assume your period should come 30 days from Nov 27th. Hope that helps.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I meant more of which cycle length should I use
    Beanna4406

Comment by Beanna4406 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• You don't need to use either cycle. Just start charting cervical mucus and BBT. When you see fertile mucus have sex and then continue BBT charting to confirm ovulation.

If you are needing to put in a period date for you chart then use the last one.

www.fertilityfriend.com is helpful for charting.
    Anonymous

• Count 14 days from the first day of your last period.
    alithemklady

Answer by alithemklady at 9:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• alithemklady

That is FALSE for most women. PLEASE educate yourself before answers questions and unknowingly giving the wrong answers. MOST women do NOT ovulate on the 14th day of their cycle. That is a MYTH.
    Anonymous