Ever look at someone else and felt so unaccomplished in comparison?

On Facebook, I look at some of the people that I went to college with and I see that they're doing great things in their lives and are finding a good deal of success. I think that that's pretty awesome, but I also can't help feeling bad in comparison. I know that I don't measure up to their success and then I start thinking about what went wrong along the way. Why was I unable to attain the motivation that they obviously had in order to get where they are now? Anybody ever compare themselves to someone else and feel bad in comparison?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Everyone, including the people you're envying.

It's completely normal.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• yes. My sister-in-law always is so accomplished. She's smart, a good leader, and completely the Martha Stewart type, with all her crafty creative stuff. *sigh* I always feel like a retard because I'm a college drop out, my house always seems to be a mess, and I'm not creative at all. It sucks.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I never compare, I feel fulfilled and satisfied with my life and I am a unique individual with no regrets.

Answer by older at 9:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• hey look at the bright side.. you went to college... your "one up" on me.. Im 27 & life has just happened & got away from me.. Im just now thinking about doing a little college (like from home stuff).. and nervous.. I dont remember all that "school" stuff.. I dont remember the basics to writing a good paper (A+ english student here).. I cant remember basic algebra equations... I cant imagine etching 1+hrs into my day to write a paper or do homework & study! Besides that. Im clueless of WHAT exactly id be going to college for.. I am a wife. a mom... besides that, i just dont know...
    My friends are buying their first homes. graduating from college, doing pretty big things -- even other SAHM seems to be doing 10x more than me.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• It's just that every time I set my mind, heart and path to do something amazing...someone comes along and fucks with my world. So I've kinda given up.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:20 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• I don't feel that way. Feel happy to have my two sons and stay home. I truly can give a shit about having a career. that adds more stress because all jobs have stress no matter where you work. And if you make a lot of money, you'll spend a lot and get used to it so I don't care. Happy to be doing fine and have the necessities we need in our life. I might envy someone but don't get jealous.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• As for traveling good for them if someone always travels. I like the caribbean and been there twice before I had kids.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• just keep in mind, everyones shit stinks...thats what I do! lol
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 9:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2010

• Heavens yes! That is completely normal. And, those of you who say you don't ever feel that way....I don't believe you. If you are completely honest, you'll admit that those feelings have crept in a time or two. It's just human nature.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I do. I think we all do. You are right where your supposed to be.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010