kinda gross question. wondering if its normal..

TMI!! but i am 27 weeks and for the last few days have had really werid discharge, it doesnt smell really and its white/ creamy in color but it is really thick and very spongy.. has anyone else has that? i think its kinda weird..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds kinda like it could be a yeast infection. I'd get it looked at just in case.
    Anonymous

• that is happening to me and dr said it was a yeast infection.
    TeenMom17-Mszy

Answer by TeenMom17-Mszy at 8:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• but dont yeast infections itch?? im not itchy at all!!
    Anonymous

• my yeast infections never itched actually that's why I never thought that's what it was until the doc told me what it was during a normal check up/pap smear
    Anonymous

• sounds like B V call your Doc good luck
    Anonymous

• It could be yeast infection,
    Or it could be a UTI ...my Y,I never hurt, but alas its so common in pregnancy. and nothing to worrie about and be treated with antibotics hon, i hope you feel better
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• it could very well be just normal mucous. When I had my first son, my mucous got real thick and nasty and i thought would I ever stop passing stuff like this......NOPE, it's perfectly normal. If I were you, I'd mention it the next time you went in but it's probably nothing.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 10:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have that, too, and my midwife told me it was a minor yeast infection. You can treat them, but they usually come back during pregnancy. The natural "flora and fauna" order of things down there is totally f-ed up during pregnancy, and it sucks! My yeast infections don't itch either, and thank god for that! Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is characterized by a fishy odor, so if the discharge is odorless, or usual, then I wouldn't worry about BV. Ask your doctor or midwife about it so they can treat you.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well my first guess would have been that you lost your mucous plug (it's a sign of labor) but seeing as how you are only 27 weeks pregnant I would say a yeast infection. Don't worry its really common in pregnancy and nothing to feel ashamed of.. lots of pregnant and non pregnant women get them. I wouldn't try over the counter medicines because some could be harmful to you or your baby, I would just ask your doctor :)
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I had this all throughout my pregnancy, and it was nothing. I'd been prone to yeast infections in the past so they were constantly checking my "fluids," but I didn't have any problems down there while I was pregnant. Definitely mention it to your doc, but don't dwell on it. Even if it is a yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, or a urinary tract infection, they are all very treatable. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008