How can I tell when I will ovulate?

I had my son in January of this year. Once I stopped BF I started getting periods every other month. We are waiting to have another one but we still like to go au naturale. I know there is a possibility of getting preggo if not careful but how can I tell when I might ovulate? When I had my periods they were every 35 days and I bled 5. If I input that info in mymonthlycycles.com it has me as ovualting this week. Otherwise if it goes by how I am going I won't be until Jan. Does anyone know how I can figure this out?

kaos2

Asked by kaos2 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• there are tests for ovulation in the same place pregnancy tasts are
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 9:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Okay this is really so gross sounding but it when you notice a moucous like discharge that is stringy looking..Meaning if you touched it you could seperate it in a line between your thumb and forefinger (don't actually do it, but just notice it). When you notice it, you will have two days..from the first day you saw to the next day..first day (actually first hours) is the best, but pregnancy can happen in the two day time frame.
    portakolis08

Answer by portakolis08 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• WHEN YOUR PERIOD STARTS THAT FIRST DAY COUNT 12 DAYS AND ON THAT 12 DAY IS THE DAY YOU WILL BECOME PREGNANT.10-11-12-13-14 I SAY WOULD BE THE DAYS TO STAY AWAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET PREGNANT BUT IF YOU DO YOUR GOING TO HAVE A BABY TRUST ME
    TWINMOM2224

Answer by TWINMOM2224 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• okay i have a 29 day cycle and day 1 starts the first day of my period so i usually ovulate day 14 or 15 and you become fertile three days before you ovulate. so i wouldnt have unprotected sex starting 3 days before you think that you are ovulating.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 11:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Go to www.yourdays.com. You can set up a calendar there and use a setting called "trying not to concieve" and it will let you know the days that you really should NOT have sex.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008